Monday 2 April 2012

An Old 'The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' musing.

As I mentioned in my previous post I will be uploading my old musings of episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that I have been doing on Fimfiction.net for a while, now to this blog. I will upload one old post each day until I catch up with the current episode for this blog. Now do keep in mind that what I am about to post is an old musing on the episode and my opinions may have changed since then, also that the first few of these were done simply for my own amusement and as such do not match the quality of my later musings. Without further ado, here is the entire extract of my musings on 'The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000', written on 29th January 2012.

'Now I could end this post here and it will be all fine and dandy however I won't because I like writing this blog and so I shall take this opportunity to its full advantage. The other thing I would like to comment upon is the recent episode (I am considering updating my blog each week to talk about both my fanfic progression and comment upon the recent episode), 'The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000', an interesting episode in my eyes for while I consider it to be the third best episode of season 2 so far ('The Last Roundup' is 2nd and 'Sisterhooves Social' is 1st), I can easily understand it if others dislike the episode.

This episode, for me at least, boasts the best opening and closing parts of all episodes so far, and while many are ready to agree with me on the closing (Applejack's letter to Celestia is the best letter ever), I like the first part of the episode so much because I am a fan of FlutterDash. While of course that is not truly what went on in the opening, the fact that it starts with Rainbow Dash bursting into Fluttershy's bedroom in the morning and then has Fluttershy blush when Rainbow Dash pulls away the covers is enough to fuel my mind with happy thoughts. I also would like to note two interesting (and cute) details concerning the two; first off is the fact that Rainbow Dash had no reason to bring Fluttershy along, who doesn't even seem to be all that interested in the cider, but does so anyway, and second is that even though Rainbow was desperate to be first in line she allows Fluttershy to go before her. Those small details...there just sweet to spot (I also cannot help but wonder when we will receive a Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy episode exploring the fact of them knowing one another since they were fillies).

Of course the episode had plenty of other things to enjoy, the gag of having Rainbow Dash unable to get cider was hilarious (though I started to feel sorry for her when she began to cry) and the Flim Flam brothers song was brilliant (a little bit long but catchy and currently stuck in my head). Overall I really liked the episode, one of my favourites of season 2 and high up on the list of liked episodes in general (which is a very large list considering there has only been three to four episodes I did not enjoy a great deal).'

Looking back on this musing I do feel I never did this episode justice, probably because I linger to long on the subject of FlutterDash (it is my FiM OTP admittedly). There was a lot more I could have praised about and pointed out, and this episode still stands as my third favourite episode of the series so far. Anyway, though some of the opinions may have changed (though my love of this episode clearly has not) I would still love to see some comments so I may engage in discussion with anyone that happens to be reading this. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment