Wednesday 11 April 2012

An Old 'MMMystery on the Friendship Express' Musing.

Here it is, here it finally is. With this I will have finally uploaded by backlog of episode musings from Fimfiction.net, leaving only the finale to muse upon (which will be uploaded to both Fimfiction.net and Blogspot at around the same time). Without further ado here is my old post on the episode 'MMMystery on the Friendship Express' written on the 7th April 2012.

Onto the episode, 'MMMystery on the Friendship Express', to which I have one disappointment from it. It has not made it any easier to think of my sixth favourite episode of season 2, which is still being fought by 'Hearts and Hooves Day' and 'It’s About Time'. It's a fantastic episode, don't get me wrong (Is it better than my favourite Rugrats TV Special 'Mumur on the Ornery Express'? No, not even close) but it is not as good as either of those two episodes mentioned.

'MMMystery on the Friendship Express' had some splendid moments, a hilarious opening, brilliant Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle interactions, interesting character designs, and gut bursting imagination sequences. I will give this episode credit where it is due, Pinkie Pie's scenario's on how each baker harmed the cake is one of the best moments of the entire series, not just season, series, but I'm a sucker for such humour. Animation also looked great and my gosh every one of Pinkie Pie's and Twilight Sparkle's movements got me to giggle. The problem I would say is that interest began to wane halfway through the episode.

The mystery was rather weak, and the only remarkable thing that went on once Twilight and Pinkie Pie switched roles were their small movements that seemed a lot more entertaining than anything going on. I wouldn't say it is bad, just un-engaging at that point.

This is probably my shortest episode musing, but the best moments happened to be clustered together making it quicker to sum up. Certainly not a bad or average episode, and filled with fantastic moments, but I guess I had my hopes up too high considering how epic I have found all other incident on train storylines.


My hopes were up too high for this episode, I compared it to Rugrats and Paper Mario, I expected it to be a top five contender but it couldn't manage. It is certainly good and an episode I will always enjoy re-watching, but it's not fantastic and there are better episodes in the season to watch. Feel free to comment and cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment