Tuesday 3 April 2012

An Old 'Read It And Weep' musing.

So far my brilliant plan of posting on here to get more comments and as such generate discussion with fellow fans of the show has proven rather ineffective. I should probably go about and comment on other review sites as well, though I only know of two on blogspot for 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'. Moving on though, here is my old Fimfiction post on 'Read It and Weep', written on the 4th February 2012.

Now to talk about today's episode, Read it and Weep. Today's episode was not faulty, a part of me knows it to be a good episode, but unfortunately, like with the case of The Cutie Mark Chronicles, I also found it to be boring. This could be because the last two episodes have been absolutely brilliant and ones that I really like and it could very well be a case of these two episodes over shadowing today's episode in my mind. Such a thing I will only be able to tell once I look back on the episode sometime in the near future but as for now, for the present moment I found the episode to be dull.

I can't say I dislike the episode but neither did I find it enjoyable, this is not the case of The Mysterious Mare Do Well, where while I laughed an awful lot in the episode the concept of it brought it down and left me with a bitter taste, or the case of the Owl’s Well That Ends Well episode where I outright hated it, because there is nothing I can point out to say, “this part makes me dislike the episode”. I just found it to be uninteresting, I can think of ways for it to be made interesting (such as having a range of books for Rainbow Dash to be reading, and in each one imagining the various characters in the role of the fictional characters, something I always enjoy seeing), but I can’t pinpoint what it lacks in comparison to the other episodes.

Hopefully I will find next week’s episode to be a more enjoyable one, and even if the episode itself is not entertaining, I’m sure watching the affects it has on the community will be most enjoyable (it is cruel to say that I will be laughing when the torpedoes’ strike the S.S. FlutterMac, cruel but true).


If I were to muse on this episode now I would have a lot more to say on it, such as pointing out the few enjoyable moments I did find in this episode. I also know roughly why I found this episode to be boring (I believe a good chunk of the reason is due to its focus on Daring Doo). Once again I would love to be able to discuss this as well as other episodes with you but for now, cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment